Hall of Fame Month: 2010sApril 30th, 2021
For the final Friday of April we are recognizing our SCPGA Hall of Famers who were inducted in the 2010s. From Past Presidents of Chapters and our Section, to Golf Digest Top 100 Teachers, our inductees have accomplished incredible things for their clubs and the PGA. Please enjoy the rest of this article.
- Ken Ferrell, SCPGA and Inland Empire Chapter Professional Development Award, Past Member of SCPGA Board of Directors, leader in Professional Golf Management & Development, former professional and owner at Practice Golf Center, professional at Dove Canyon GC, Tustin Ranch GC, Director of Golf at Professional Golfers Career College, former member of American Golf National Merchandising team.
- Len Kennett, SCGA Hall of Fame, PGA Half Century Member, Long Beach Golf Hall of Fame, Los Angeles County Lifetime Achievement Award, CIF Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA Bill Bryant Award, SCPGA & SCGA Honors Match Honoree, SCPGA Heritage Award, Former head professional at San Gabriel CC, Lakewood CC and Los Verdes Golf Course.
- Jimmy Powell, three-time SCPGA Champion, two-time SCPGA Sr. Champion, California State Open Champion, four PGA Tour Champions victories, five Sr. Legends of Golf Division victories.
- Susan Roll, former San Diego Chapter president, SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA Presidents Award, SCPGA Professional Development Award, SCPGA Bill Strausbaugh Award, SCPGA Merchandiser of the Year – Public, PGA of America Merchandiser of the Year-Public, Past board member for the SCPGA. First woman to be inducted into the SCPGA Hall of Fame.
- Eric Monti, former professional at Hillcrest Country Club, five-time SCPGA Section Champion, SCPGA Sr. Champion, California State Open Champion, three-time PGA Tour winner, Southern California Open Champion.
- Jerry Wisz, SCPGA Section Champion, three-time SCPGA Sr. Champion, SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA Sr. Player of the Year, SCPGA Youth Player Development Award, U.C. Irvine Athletic Hall of Fame, National Collegiate Champion and All American, Past SCPGA Board and Metro Chapter Board Member, former head professional at Alhambra Golf Course.
- Richard Chavez, SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA Youth Player Development Award, SCPGA Merchandiser of the Year- Public, past member of the SCPGA Board of Directors, long-time professional at Santa Barbara Golf Course.
- Jamie Mulligan, SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA President’s Award, SCPGA Teacher of the Year, Golf Magazine and Golf Digest Top 100 Teacher, Long Beach Golf Hall of Fame, Metro Chapter Teacher of the Year, Golf Professional of the Year and Professional Development awards, former professional at Skylinks, Coyote Hills and now the COO at Virginia Country Club.
- J.D. Ebersberger, designer, owner and operator of The Palms Golf Club, Past President of the Aloha Section, Golf Industry Magazine Business Person of the Year, Golf Magazine Gold Medal for top resorts, Aloha Section Championship winner, Inland Empire Chapter Sr Championship winner, professional at The Palms, Mauna Kea and PGA West.
- Max Bayha, co-founder of the SCPGA Sr. Division, Past President of the U.S. National Senior Association, past Board Member for the PGA Tour Champions and the SCPGA, past golf professional for the “Love Boat” program, golf professional for the People-to-People Tour, and former long-time professional at Mesa Verde CC.
- Terry Wilcox, Tournament Director for the Kraft-Nabisco Championship for 14 years, PGA Tour member for 12 years, SCPGA Sr. Champion and played in two Masters, five U.S. Opens and three PGA Championships, also a former professional at Mission Hills.
- Frank Beard, All-American at University of Florida, member of the Florida and Kentucky Athletic Halls of Fame, member of two Ryder Cup Teams, winner of 11 PGA Tour events and one PGA Tour Champions event and past PGA Tour leading money winner; following his retirement from the PGA Tour, he was a golf commentator on ESPN.
- Bill Hulbert, SCPGA Past President and Member of the PGA of America Board of Directors, SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, SCPGA Honorary Life Member, two-time SCPGA Professional Development Award winner, winner SCPGA Bill Strausbaugh Award, 25 year Member of the SCPGA Board of Directors, Northern and Metro Chapter Board of Directors.
- Bob Husband, an SCPGA Honorary Life Member, Past PGA Tour player, Past San Diego Entrepreneur of the Year, Crittenden Golf Top 25 Most Powerful People in Golf for thirteen years, holds an Honorary Doctorate from California State University, Past partner in Silband Sports, Golf Corp, Cobblestone, Heritage Golf Group and Bellagio Road LLC.
- Jeff Johnson, Past President of the SCPGA, San Diego and Inland Empire Chapters, 25 year SCPGA Board and Chapter Board Member. He is a three-time San Diego Chapter Golf Professional of the Year and SCPGA Golf Professional of the Year, Honorary Life Member of the SCPGA, San Diego and Inland Empire Chapter. Jeff has won two Section President’s Awards, SCPGA Professional Development Award, Chapter Bill Strausbaugh, Professional Development, Youth Golf Development and Merchandiser of the Year awards, former professional at San Diego CC, Singing Hills GC, Steele Canyon GC, PGA of Southern California Golf Club, Redhawk GC, Moreno Valley GC and San Bernardino GC where he was a partner.
- Dave Evans, Half Century PGA member, SCPGA Sr. Championship winner, SCPGA Heritage Award, after moving from the PNW, professional at La Quinta CC and prior to retirement, Porcupine Creek.