Rob Oosterhuis Named 2020 Southern California PGA Golf Professional of the Year
I am tremendously proud to announce our Class of 2020 PGA of America Special Awards winners!
This year, we are honoring 11 outstanding Southern California PGA Members for their leadership and innovation in the game and business of golf. Led by PGA Golf Professional of the Year Rob Oosterhuis and PGA Teacher of the Year Randy Chang, our honorees represent the very best of the Association.
Together, they inspire our nearly 29,000 PGA Professionals to reach new heights every day, as they strive to grow the game and drive our profession to a new standard of excellence.
Please join me in congratulating our 2020 SCPGA Special Award winners on their remarkable accomplishment!
2020 SCPGA Special Awards Winners
- Golf Professional of the Year: Rob Oosterhuis, PGA, Sherwood Country Club – Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Teacher of the Year: Randy Chang, PGA, Randy Chang Golf Schools – Temecula, CA.
- Clubfitter Award: Josiah Solberg, PGA, Cool Clubs® – Trabuco Canyon, CA.
- Assistant Golf Professional Award: Joseph Kobrick, PGA, Desert Willow Golf Resort – Palm Desert, CA.
- Bill Strausbaugh Award: Grant Strobel, PGA, Miramar Memorial Golf Course – San Diego, CA.
- Player Development Award: Karen Tucker, PGA, Pelican Hill Golf Club – Newport Coast, CA.
- Professional Development Award: Eric Lohman, PGA, Monarch Beach Golf Links – Newport Beach, CA.
- Youth Player Development Award: Chris Smeal, PGA, Stadium Golf Center – San Diego, CA.
- Merchandiser of the Year – Public Award: Tim Terwilliger, PGA, Brookside Golf Club – Pasadena, CA.
- Merchandiser of the Year- Resort Award: Cody Warren Franke, PGA – Desert Willow Golf Resort – Palm Desert, CA.
- Merchandiser of the Year – Private Award: Jeff Brockman, PGA, Mountain Gate Country Club – Los Angeles, CA.
With tremendous pride,
Tony Letendre, PGA
SCPGA Section President
Dove Canyon Golf Club
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PGA
The Southern California Section was established in 1924, and today is comprised of over 1,700 golf Professionals working at over 500 facilities within the Section. The mission of the Southern California Section (SCPGA) mirrors the purpose of the PGA of America: To promote the enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry. For more information on the Southern California PGA visit scpga.com, follow @scpga on Twitter, Instagram and find us on Facebook.