Dr. Alison Curdt Named 2019 Southern California PGA Golf Professional of the YearCurdt Was Honored At Annual Southern California PGA President’s Dinner
VIEW PRESIDENT’S DINNER PHOTOS HERE
ONTARIO, Calif. (December 10, 2019) – PGA Professional, Dr. Alison Curdt has been named Southern California PGA Golf Professional of the Year (GPOY), an award that is one of the highest honors the PGA can bestow on a PGA Member.
The GPOY is presented to PGA Members who demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership and strong moral character, while maintaining a record of service to the Association and the game of golf. Curdt was presented the award on Sunday, December 8th, during the Annual SCPGA President’s Dinner at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, CA. The SCPGA President’s Dinner is an evening dedicated to honoring the outstanding achievements of SCPGA Members in 2019.
Curdt is a dual PGA Master & LPGA Master Professional and has over 30 years of golf competition background as well. Curdt has competed in six LPGA Tour majors and qualified for her 7th to be held in June 2020 at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship in Aronimink GC, Newtown Square, Pa.
Owner of “Alison Curdt Golf” in Los Angeles, CA, she has earned countless teaching & professional awards such as the 2018 SCPGA Clubfitter of the Year, 4-time LPGA Western Section Teacher of the Year, 2016 SCPGA Teacher of the Year, and 2015 LPGA T&CP National Teacher of the Year. Curdt was selected as an LPGA Top 50 Teacher in 2017 & 2019 and is a member of the SCPGA Teaching Hall of Fame.
Alison contributes to Golf Tips Magazine as a Top 25 instructor and has been featured in over a dozen separate segments on the Golf Channel. Golf Digest selected her twice as one of America’s Best Young Teachers and GOLF Magazine selected her as a Top 8 Teacher to Watch. Dr. Curdt is a clinical sport psychotherapist utilizing EMDR to help athletes achieve peak performance and overcome athletic traumas.
A PGA Member since 2006, Curdt has served for several years on the Board of Directors for the Northern Chapter of the SCPGA, currently as President, and the Section’s Board of Directors. Alison has been an active participant in numerous Section committees, and is currently on the Teaching Committee for the Section. Curdt is also currently serving as the LPGA T&CP National Vice-President.
Curdt received her award along with twenty-two other individuals who have made a significant impact throughout the Southern California golf community including PGA of America Past President, Paul Levy, PGA. The full list of 2019 Special Award Winners can be found below.
2019 Special Award Winners:
- Golf Professional of the Year: Dr. Alison Curdt, PGA (Wood Ranch Golf Club)
- Hall of Fame: Dave Evans, PGA (Retired) & Ken Ferrell, PGA (PGA of America)
- Teacher of the Year: Tasha Browner-Bohlig, PGA (El Caballero Country Club)
- Honorary Life Member: Sharon Curfman (SCPGA) & Paul Levy, PGA (Past PGA of America President)
- Omega Men’s Player of the Year: Michael Block, PGA (Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club)
- Omega Women’s Player of the Year: Dr. Alison Curdt, PGA (Wood Ranch Golf Club)
- Horton Smith Award: Rob Oosterhuis, PGA (Sherwood Country Club)
- Bill Strausbaugh Award: Dave Podas, PGA (Bel-Air Country Club)
- Omega Men’s Senior Player of the Year: Gary Sowinski, PGA (The Hodges Golf Learning Center)
- Omega Women’s Senior Player of the Year: Mardell Wilkins, PGA (Tijeras Creek Golf Club)
- Omega Women’s Associate Player of the Year: Nikki Prichard, PGA (Arrowood Golf Club)
- Omega Men’s Associate Player of the Year: Mark Geddes (Coronado Golf Course)
- Omega Super Senior Player of the Year: Jon Fiedler, PGA (Los Posas Country Club)
- Player Development Award: Chris Smeal, PGA (Stadium Golf Center)
- Youth Player Development Award: Chris Lempa, PGA (Torrey Pines Golf Course)
- Clubfitter of the Year: Kurt Donahoo, PGA (TaylorMade Golf)
- Assistant Golf Professional of the Year: Michael Alldredge, PGA (The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe)
- Merchandiser of the Year, Public: Brian Smock, PGA (Coronado Golf Course)
- Merchandiser of the Year, Private: David Woods, PGA (The Vintage Club)
- Merchandiser of the Year, Resort: John Walker, PGA (Hyatt Aviara Golf Club)
- President’s Award: Jamie Mulligan, PGA (Virginia Country Club)