All active Class A members of the association will have the opportunity to nominate a person (s) from the section for any or all of the awards. This is an opportunity for PGA Members to honor one of their fellow professionals. Please take the time to give acknowledgment to someone who has put forth the extra time and dedication to make our association the strong organization it is.
All nominations will be accepted at the same time.
The SCPGA Special Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for the following 2019 awards:
- Golf Professional of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
- Horton Smith Award
- Bill Strausbaugh Award
- Youth Player Development Award
- Assistant Professional of the Year
- Clubfitter of the Year
- Player Development Award
- Merchandiser of the Year – Private
- Merchandiser of the Year – Public
- Merchandiser of the Year – Resort
This year’s nomination and award process will consist of the following 3 steps.
1. Names may be placed in nomination by submitting the enclosed form to the Section office by May 13, 2019.
2. Upon receipt of the initial nomination, additional information will be requested
of the nominee, to be submitted in a Word Document via email by June 10, 2019.
3. The Special Awards committee will evaluate the nominations and supporting
materials,and make recommendations to the SCPGA Board of Directors for
Please take this opportunity to nominate a deserving golf professional for the appropriate award. All 2018 Chapter Award Winners will automatically be included as well as 2018 Section first and second runner-up candidates. Nomination forms are also posted on scpga.com. Thank you for your interest.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Curfman at (951) 845-4653 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org your committee chairs Joe Grohman at email@example.com Rob Oosterhuis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The presentation of the awards will be held at the SCPGA’s President’s Dinner and Awards Presentation on December 8, 2019.